Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Quants by Scott Patterson

Always hearing about this book yet never picking it up was a big mistake.  I picked up the book this morning and started reading The Quants by Scott Patterson. I'm halfway through the book and I'm having a hard time putting it down. 

I quickly realized that many people in the investment industry are mere imposters.  Many who want to go into the investment field don't have the knowledge, the passion or the desire to work long hours like some of the legends which we always hear about.  It's not about just learning the basics in class, but about going above and beyond to learn the skills needed to compete with the best.  It's about going out and creating something which could potentially revolutionize the way things are being done in the investment industry. 
To each their own.....I'm sticking my head back into the book.  It seems like I need to drastically beef up my math and computer programming skills.  Just tacked that on to my to-do list.

Seriously, pick up this book.

--------------
Note: This was first posted on: http://investmentsinsight.blogspot.com/
--------------

Saliq  

No comments:

Post a Comment