Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Obama's State of the Union address

As market lost points this morning in speculation over Obama's State of the Union address, I was pretty hopeful as to what the outcome will be. Now, I must say I'm not a hundred percent. Obama chose his words carefully, appealed to the emotion and presented a view or rather, a dream to the american people. He argued the necessity of investing in green energy to create jobs and future progress, to rise over bipartisanship and work as one, while presenting the idea of putting cap on certain domestic projects to reduce deficit, But did he mention how?
Not that I was hoping Obama to call upon the Gods and have the publics debt erased, I was expecting some sort of a plan. Especially considering how the Republicans have resented all his policies mostly without any credentials( Health care bill). I had imagined it would be a good idea for him to point out how this country has finally turned a new leaf what policies his administration will entail for future development and perpetual prosperity. Don't get me wrong, I agree with his every word. I think he is one of the most intelligent Presidents we've ever had. However, what the American public needs to hear is how the world has changed for the better from what it was a year or two before.He needs to push up Market confidence!. Instead, he went on sharing his dreams with them without touching upon the details of how to go about attaining them.
The American public doesn't dream much these days sir, they've seen their castles in the sky fall a part, at times broken into by THE REPO MEN!!! Give them change that you had them hoping for for so long!

Humza.

No comments:

Post a Comment